Saturday, June 4, 2011

Wedding

So much has been going on. We came back got back from the Dominican Republic at the end of April. It was beautiful there and we had so much fun! It was nice to go o n vacation and have friends and family all there with us. It was Jason's first time out of the country. I was so excited for him. The beginning of the trip started out rough. There were about 12 of us all on the same plane and getting from the airport to the hotel with everyone and all the luggage was a challenge. So we are all checking in and getting our bags up to our rooms when Jason noticed that one of his bags were missing. Of course, it was his bag with all of his clothes and wedding outfit. So we are in the lobby for about an hour calling airports, talking to the guys at the front desk about our bag. Then, we find out my mom had it the whole time! LOL Wasn't so funny at the time....but now it is.
Foreign countries are always amazing. Seeing how different people live and what they believe. It is always a humbling experience. I feel like just being there, I learned so much. Everyone there was very happy and it seems that none of them had a lot of money. It showed how backwards some people think. We went snorkeling with sharks and stingrays. We also went on an Outback Safari and got to see many of the goods they grow there. The grow coconuts, coffee, sugarcane, cocoa beans, vanilla, bananas, tobacco, cinnamon, and many other spices. Everything was so fresh!






The wedding turned out beautiful! Everything was perfect. I was running behind of course...because I ALWAYS am. And I was OK until I got my dress on. I almost lost it then. I got really nervous the entire walk down to the beach. There were people everywhere staring, which made me more nervous. Once I got to my dad he was trying to make me laugh so I wouldn't cry. Once the ceremony started, Jason looked teary eyed...so I got teary eyed. But everything turned out beautiful. I couldn't have asked for it to be any better! I love Jason!

No comments:

Post a Comment